If and when we make changes to this policy, we will notify you of the changes by posting the revised policy on this Website or by other means when appropriate. By continuing to use this Website or the Support Service after these changes are posted, you agree to the revised terms.
- 1.1 Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device's internal memory. KoboCourse uses these “cookies” to provide a better user experience.
- 1.2 There are also third party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collect information and improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Service.
- We may also use automated tracking methods on our websites, in communications with you, and in our products and services, to measure performance and engagement.
2.0 THE TYPE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
- 2.1 Personal Information from customers
- 2.1.2 If you are collecting any sensitive Personal Information from your students/subscribers (for example and including information relating to medical or health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or sexuality), you agree to obtain affirmative, express consent from your students/subscribers for the use and access of sensitive Personal Information by KoboCourse and other third parties.
2.2 Information we collect from our customers.
- 2.2.1 In order to offer The Services, we need to collect information from our customers. Here is a summary of the information that we collect from our customers and what we do with it:
- We collect your name, email address, and IP address. We need this information to provide you with our Services, for example, to confirm your identity and contact you.
- You may voluntarily provide additional information related to the registered account such as any API key provided or images or videos you choose to upload.
- We collect data about the KoboCourse-hosted webpages that you visit. We also collect data about how and when you access your account in order to give you access and at the same time improve our Services.
- When you voluntarily share personal information with us in the course of offering your course and using our services, we store that Personal Information.
- When transactions between you and our website involve payment by credit card, debit card, checks, money orders, and/or third party online payment services, we will collect information related to the transaction as part of the course of doing business with you, including billing address, telephone number, and other information related to the transaction.
- 2.2.2 This information is collected when you sign up for our Services, when you access our Services or otherwise provide us with the information. In some circumstances, when you have given us express permission, we will also use and store your personal information.
- 2.3. Information from our customers’ students/subscribers (“learners”)
2.3.1 In order to provide you with our product and services, we store information about your students so that you can administer your course(s). Here are some more details on what information we collect and why.
- We allow you to collect the name, email, and any other personal information from your customers. Name and email are needed to allow individuals to access our Services for processes such as processing enrolments, authentication, or otherwise administering your course. This information is given on a voluntary basis when a customer uses or accesses our Services, for example when a customer visits a KoboCourse site, enrolls in a course, or signs up for an account on a KoboCourse site.
- As a student progresses through your course(s) we collect information about how they interact with the course, including but not limited to, their progress through the course, quiz scores, survey results, discussion or forum contributions and other student activities.
- 2.3.2 While we technically process this information via the KoboCourse platform in order to administer The Services, you have the ability to access and remove this information at any point. We do not access this information unless requested by a KoboCourse customer.
- 2.3.3 Some transactions between learners and our website or your courses or school may involve payment by credit card, debit card, checks, money orders, and/or third party online payment services. In such transactions, we will collect information related to the transaction as part of the course of doing business with you, including a billing address, telephone number, and other information related to the transaction.
- 2.4 Information from KoboCourse website visitors and support users:
- We collect information from visitors to the KoboCourse website and your IP address. We also collect information such as when you visited, the website from where you came prior to visiting us, the website where you go when you leave our website, your computer’s operating system, location data, and the type of web browser that you are using.
- We also collect Personal Information submitted by you via any messaging or email feature available from any of our websites
- We may also receive Personal Information when you submit help tickets or make other requests to KoboCourse via any of our websites.
- From telephone support users, we collect your name and phone number.
- From support users (people who email us for support), we collect your name, email address, location, KoboCourse site address, and email conversation with a KoboCourse agent.
- From forum and discussion users, we collect your name.
- We use this information to provide and enhance our Services (including servicing your account, if applicable), and answer any questions you may have.
- 2.4.1 We collect this information when you visit KoboCourse-hosted webpages, use Services offered on our websites or engage with us either by email, web form, instant message, phone, or post content on or through our websites (including forums, blogs and via any Messaging Feature). We also collect any additional information that you might provide to us.
2.5 Information that we share with third parties:
- 2.5.1 KoboCourse works with third parties to help provide you with our Services and we may share Personal Information with them to support these efforts. In certain limited circumstances, we may also be required to share information with third parties to conform to legal requirements.
- 2.5.2 Personal Information may be shared with third parties to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the Services, or as otherwise required by law.
- 2.5.3 Personal Information may be shared with third-party vendors to help us conduct marketing and/or advertising campaigns.
- 2.5.4 Personal Information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice on our homepage.
- 2.5.5 KoboCourse will always ask for your consent before sharing your Personal Information with third parties for purposes other than those described here.
- 2.6 What we don’t do with your Personal Information:
- 2.6.1 We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies (other than to specific KoboCourse customers you may be interacting with) for the marketing of their own products or services.
- 2.6.2 If you are a customer using KoboCourse’s Services, we do not use the Personal Information we collect from you or your customers to independently contact or market to your customers. However, KoboCourse may contact or market to your customers if we obtain their information from another source, such as from the customers themselves.
- 2.7 Security:
- 2.7.1 KoboCourse takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data that we collect and store. These measures vary based on the type and sensitivity of the data. Unfortunately, however, no system can be 100% secured, so we cannot guarantee that communications between you and KoboCourse, the Services, or any information provided to us in connection with the data we collect through the Services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Your password is an important part of our security system, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party, and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately and contact email@example.com with any concerns.
- 2.8 Disclaimer:
- 2.8.1 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website, including the illegal acts of third parties (such as criminal hacking).
- 2.9 Policy Changes: