KoboCourse is an online portal that helps content creators sell online courses. This SERVICE is provided by Clickmedia Solutions and is intended for use as is. By signing up for the KoboCourse service (“Service”) you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”). Any new features or tools which are added to the current Service shall also be subject to this Terms of Service.
KoboCourse reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service at any time by posting updates and changes to the KoboCourse website. User is advised to check the Terms of Service from time to time for any updates or changes that may impact you.
- 1.1 You need an account for all activities on our platform, including to purchase a course or to submit a course for publication on our platform. When setting up and maintaining your account, you must provide and continue to provide accurate and complete information, including a valid email address.
- 1.2 The person signing up for the Service will be the contracting party (“Account Owner”) for the purposes of our Terms of Service and will be the person who is authorized to use any corresponding account we may provide to the Account Owner in connection with the Service.
- 1.3 You have complete responsibility for your account and everything that happens on your account, including for any harm or damage (to us or anyone else) caused by someone using your account without your permission. This means you need to be careful with your password. You may not transfer your account to someone else or use someone else’s account.
- 1.4 If you contact us to request access to an account, such access will not be granted unless you can provide us with the information that we need to prove you are the owner of that account. In the event of a permanent disability of a user, the account of that user will be closed.
- 1.5 We charge a transaction fee of 7.5% for free accounts when your course is paid for by an interested student. We do not charge you when your course is being viewed or downloaded
- 1.6 For premium accounts, we charge a one-time transaction fee of 5% when your course is paid for
Refer to the table below for our account options
2.0 Payment and Refund Policy
- 2.1 You should note that KoboCourse is not a payment platform and as such, all monetary transaction on this platform should be made through our approved payment processor portal (Paystack).
- 2.3 Upon purchase of any course on this platform, Paystack credits the course creator directly. In the event of any wrongful debit transaction, you are advised to immediately send your queries via mail to email@example.com Cc:firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2.4 All fees are exclusive of applicable federal, state, local or other governmental sales, goods and services, harmonized or other taxes, fees or charges now in force or enacted in the future.
- 2.5 KoboCourse has no refund policy.
3.0 General Conditions and Accepted Usage of Platform
- 3.1.1 You must ensure that you comply fully with any and all applicable local, national and international laws and/or regulations;
- 3.1.2 You must not use Our Platform to knowingly send, upload, or in any other way transmit data that contains any form of virus or other malware, or any other code designed to adversely affect computer hardware, software or any data of any kind; and
- 3.1.3 You must not use Our Platform in any way, or for any purpose, that is intended to harm any person or persons in any way.
- 3.2 The following types of User Content are not permitted on Our Platform and you must not create, submit, communicate, link to, or otherwise do anything that:
- 3.2.1 is sexually explicit;
- 3.2.2 is obscene, deliberately offensive, hateful, or otherwise inflammatory;
- 3.2.3 promotes violence;
- 3.2.4 promotes or assists in any form of unlawful activity;
- 3.2.5 discriminates against, or is in any way defamatory of, any person, group or class of persons, race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, or sexual orientation;
- 3.2.6 is intended or otherwise likely to infringe (or threaten to infringe) another person’s right to privacy or otherwise uses their personal data in a way that you do not have a right to;
- 3.2.7 misleadingly impersonates any person or otherwise misrepresents your identity or affiliation in a way that is calculated to deceive;
- 3.2.8 implies any form of affiliation with Us where none exists;
- 3.2.9 infringes, or assists in the infringement of, the intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright, patents, trademarks and database rights) of any other party.
- 3.3 We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your Account, without notice if you materially breach the provisions of this Clause 3.0 or any of the other provisions of these Terms of Service.
- 3.4 We reserve the right to remove Course Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service
- 3.5 We reserve the right to provide our services to your competitors and make no promise of exclusivity in any particular market segment. You further acknowledge and agree that KoboCourse employees and contractors may also be KoboCourse customers/instructors and that they may compete with you, although they may not use your confidential information in doing so.
4.0 Information Collection and Use
5.0 Marketing Tools/Features:
- 5.1 KoboCourse has an e - mail marketing service to help Content Creators communicate with their students. You should note that contents of such electronic mails (e-mails) are that of the Content Creators and not of KoboCourse.
- 5.2 In the event that KoboCourse’s e–mail service is being abused or used for any illegal activity outside what it is created for, KoboCourse has a sole discretion to disable such account without notice.
- 5.3 If there is a problem with Our Platform or use of our marketing tools, please contact us at email@example.com to inform our Customer Support team of the problem.
6.0 Log Data:
- 6.1 We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in a case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third party products) on your device called Log Data.
- 6.2 This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
7.0 Intellectual Property Rights:
- 7.1 KoboCourse is an online educational platform that allows/ enables user to create and share educational courses. Whilst KoboCourse vet courses posted on the platform, we do not vet, review or edit courses for legal issues or copyright infringements as we are not in a position to determine the legality of course content
- 7.2 We believe that all courses posted on our platform are original works of the content creator and we advise content creators to respect the intellectual property of others. By using our platform, content creators posit that they have the necessary authorization or rights to use all the content contained in their courses.
- 7.3 Our policy is to remove courses from our service when they are reported as infringing in a copyright infringement notice received from the owner of the original content. It is also our policy to remove all courses from any creator who is determined to be a repeat offender.
- 7.4 We do not claim any intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the KoboCourse service. All material you upload remains yours. You can remove your KoboCourse site at any time by deleting your account. This will also remove all content you have stored on the Service.
- 7.5 By uploading Course Content, you agree: (a) to allow other internet users to view your Course Content; (b) to allow KoboCourse to display and store your Course Content; and (c) that KoboCourse can, at any time, review all the Course Content submitted by you to its Service.
You retain ownership over all content that you submit to a KoboCourse site however, by making your site public, you agree to allow others to view your content.
8.0 Service Providers:
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons to facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
- 8.2 We want to inform users of this Service that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
- 9.1 We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that NO method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
10.0 Links to Other Sites
11.0 Children’s Privacy:
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. In the case we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
You agree to indemnify, defend (if we so request), and hold harmless KoboCourse, our officers, directors, suppliers, partners, and agents against any third-party claims, demands, losses, damages, or expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) arising from (a) the content you post or submit, (b) your use of the Services (c) your violation of these Terms, or (d) your violation of any rights of a third party. Your indemnification obligation will survive the termination of these Terms and your use of the Services.
The failure of KoboCourse to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and KoboCourse and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and KoboCourse (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
14.0 Limitation of Liability:
- 14.1 KoboCourse shall not be held liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from the use of or inability to use the service.
- 14.2 KoboCourse does not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Service will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- 14.3 KoboCourse does not warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
- 14.4 KoboCourse shall not be held liable for the inability of user(s) to use the platform;
- 14.5 In no event shall KoboCourse or our suppliers be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with our site, our services or this agreement (however arising including negligence). You agree to indemnify and hold us and (as applicable) our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, KoboCourse partners, officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
15.0 Cancellation and Termination:
- 15.1 You may cancel your account at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 15.2 Once cancellation is confirmed, all of your Course Content will be immediately deleted from the Service. Since deletion of all data is final please be sure that you do in fact want to cancel your account before doing so.
- 15.3 If you cancel the Service in the middle of the month, you will receive one final invoice (where applicable) via email. Once that invoice has been paid you will not be charged again.
- 15.4 We reserve the right to modify or terminate the KoboCourse service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- 15.5 Fraud: Without limiting any other remedies, KoboCourse may suspend or terminate your account if we suspect that you (by conviction, settlement, insurance or escrow investigation, or otherwise) have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with the Site.
- 16.1 It may happen that our platform is down, either for planned maintenance or because something goes down with the site. It may happen that one of our creators is making misleading statements in their course. It may also happen that we encounter security issues. These are just examples. You accept that you will not have any recourse against us in any of these types of cases where things don’t work out right. In legal, more complete language, the Services and their content are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We (and our affiliates, suppliers, partners, and agents) make no representations or warranties about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, security, lack of errors, or accuracy of the Services or their content, and expressly disclaim any warranties or conditions (express or implied), including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. We (and our affiliates, suppliers, partners, and agents) make no warranty that you will obtain specific results from use of the Services. Your use of the Services (including any content) is entirely at your own risk.
- 16.2 We may decide to cease making available certain features of the Services at any time and for any reason. Under no circumstances will KoboCourse or its affiliates, suppliers, partners or agents be held liable for any damages due to such interruptions or lack of availability of such features.
- 16.3 We are not responsible for delay or failure of our performance of any of the Services caused by events beyond our reasonable control, like an act of war, hostility, or sabotage; natural disaster; electrical, internet, or telecommunication outage; or government restrictions
17.0 Contact Us